The Insight™ report allows you to learn about your unique gut microbiome in high-resolution. You can use the report to:
- Learn which microorganisms are in your gut and what they might be doing.
- Learn which foods can be added to your diet to promote a healthy microbiome.
- Monitor how your gut microbiome changes with lifestyle adjustments. For example, if you need to take antibiotics, you can monitor how quickly your microbiome recovers. Or, if you want to improve your gut microbiome by making changes to your diet and/or exercise habits, you can monitor your microbiome to see if the changes have worked.
- Learn if the probiotics you are taking are present in your sample.
- Identify overgrowths of a particular species within your microbiome. Please consult with a medical practitioner if you have any concerns.
It’s important to keep in mind that human microbiome analysis is an emerging field. New discoveries are made almost every week about how the different microorganisms in our body interact with us and with each other. As more information is gained, consensus about what different microbes are doing can change.
The information in your profile is meant for you to gain a better understanding of your personal microbiome and how it may change in response to lifestyle choices. It is not a diagnostic tool and cannot be used to diagnose or treat medical conditions.
The Insight™ report is intended to be used for informational purposes only. The results of your microbiome test are not intended to be used to diagnose or treat medical. This test will provide you with a detailed overview of which microorganisms are resident in your gut and what they might be doing. This, in turn, may provide insight into your overall gut health.
Most other microbiome profiling companies use 16S rRNA gene sequencing. This method only sequences a small portion of a single gene to identify known bacterial groups and leaves out the rest of your microbiome. The results are often biased and not reproducible between different labs. Functional information, including what your various gut bacteria do, is limited to known bacteria, which misses a large portion of your overall microbiome.
Insight™ gut microbiome analysis is powered by Microba’s proprietary analysis platform. This powerful platform uses metagenomics to provide you with a high-resolution picture of your gut microbiome. Metagenomics (also known as shotgun metagenomics) is the most reproducible and comprehensive DNA sequencing method, where all the genes from the microorganisms in your sample are sequenced. This method allows you to see not just bacteria, but also fungi, protists, and archaea, as well as identify microorganisms at the species level and reveal what your microbes are capable of.
Your unique report
Gain a better understanding of your gut microbiome and how it may affect your health with an Insight™ microbiome report. Once your report is generated, receive personalised guidance to use your report and take positive steps towards a healthier lifestyle with a complimentary microbiome coach consultation and/or from a Microba informed healthcare practitioner.See what's in a report