Insight™ uses Microba’s proprietary analysis platform for individual gut microbiome testing to establish a comprehensive report of the trillions of microorganisms living in your gut and how they may be influencing your health.
Your unique microbiome profile
View an interactive diagram of your bacterial community and learn about the abundance and nature of each species. You will also be able to identify potentially beneficial or problematic bacteria that have been associated with health or disease.
Your gut’s potential
Gain insights into your microbiome’s potential to feed your gut and influence your overall health. Learn about your gut’s capacity to affect important functions such as digestion, immunity and more.
How you compare
Discover how your microbiome compares against our healthy comparison group and track your progress over time to see how much you’ve moved the needle.
Your personal shopping list
Receive tailored dietary advice based on your report insights and learn which foods you should be eating and why. Use our interactive feature to create your personalised food shopping list.
Discover deeper insights
Look beyond the topline findings to discover a detailed breakdown of your gut microbiome profile. Take a deep dive into the many species that inhabit your gut, from fungi and parasites to probiotics and metabolites.
Simplify the science
There’s a lot to digest in your Insight™ report, but you’re not on your own! Book a Microbiome Coach phone consult and talk through your findings with a practicing dietitian or nutritionist.Connect with healthcare
The Insight™ report allows you to learn about your unique gut microbiome in high-resolution. You can use the report to:
- Monitor how your gut microbiome changes with lifestyle adjustments. For example, if you need to take antibiotics, you can monitor how quickly your microbiome recovers. Or, if you want to improve your gut microbiome by making changes to your diet and/or exercise habits, you can monitor your microbiome to see if the changes have worked.
- Identify overgrowths of a particular species within your microbiome. Please consult with a medical practitioner if you have any concerns.
- Learn if the probiotics you have been taking are present in your sample.
- Learn which microorganisms are in your gut and what they might be doing.
- Learn which foods can be added to your diet to promote a healthy microbiome.
- It’s important to keep in mind that human microbiome analysis is an emerging field; new discoveries are made almost every week about how the different microorganisms in our body interact with us and with each other. As more information is gained, consensus about what different microbes are doing can change.
- The information in your profile is meant for you to gain a better understanding of your personal microbiome and how it may change in response to lifestyle choices. It is not a diagnostic tool and cannot be used to diagnose or treat medical conditions.
The Insight™ report is intended to be used for informational purposes only. The results of your gut microbiome analysis are not intended to be used to diagnose or treat medical conditions. The Insight report will provide you with a detailed overview of which microorganisms are present in your gut, what they might be doing, and they may influence your overall health.
Most other microbiome profiling companies use 16S rRNA gene sequencing. This method only sequences a small portion of a single gene to identify known bacterial groups and leaves out the rest of your microbiome. The results are often biased and not reproducible between different labs. Functional information, including what your various gut bacteria do, is limited to known bacteria, which misses a large portion of your overall microbiome.
Insight™ gut microbiome analysis is powered by Microba and its proprietary analysis platform which uses metagenomics (or shotgun metagenomics). Metagenomics is the most reproducible and comprehensive DNA sequencing method which provides you with a high-resolution picture of your gut microbiome. Metagenomics is a powerful tool where all the genes from the microorganisms in your sample are sequenced, allowing you to see not just bacteria, but also fungi, protists, and archaea. This method can also identify microorganisms at the species or even strain level and reveals what your microbes are capable of.